Uncategorized Archives -
Ultherapy is a nonsurgical skin tightening treatment that uses ultrasound to lift and rejuvenate skin without downtime.
If you’re you would like more information on Ultherapy give Dr. Ted Lain Dermatology a call today.
Austin, TX 78732
Dr. Lain was featured in Hollywood Life today. Check out the article about how often you should replace your mascara because of the contamination. Dr. Lain talks about a study that was performed in 2008 and what researchers found.
Check it out HERE!
When you first meet someone, you unconsciously take note of key facial features and one of the first things you notice about a person is their skin. If it’s crystal clear and flawless, polka dotted with acne, or creviced with wrinkles, you notice these things immediately. It’s even worse if the face we are looking at is our own since we are our own worst critic. Every fine line, zit or sunspot might as well be gigantic bullseyes of dissatisfaction. For the perfect complexion, you need the expert touch of Ted Lain Dermatology. With a convenient location for dermatology near Spicewood, Taylor, Lakeway, Round Rock, Hutto and everything in between, we have all your dermatological needs covered.
Importance of daily skin care
As you age, your environment, food you eat and your genetics play into the condition of your skin, but perhaps the biggest factor is how well you take care of your skin. The dermatologists at Dr. Ted Lain Dermatology will recommend a daily skin care regimen using gentle facial cleansers that will keep your skin looking youthful and fresh each day. This includes products such as the Skin+Metrics cleanser system, Daily Antioxidant Moisturizer, Retinol-Gel 20 and much more. Getting a comprehensive skin evaluation will help us determine the perfect recipe for clear skin that’s just right for you.
Minimize the effects of age
Sometimes no matter how well you take care of your skin, age takes its toll. With the miracles of modern technology, we can help you erase those years and imperfections that you dislike. Filling in those crow’s feet around your eyes with botox, softening deep wrinkles with fillers and eliminating skin discoloration and roughness with chemical peels are just a few examples where Dr. Ted Lain Dermatology can bring the life back into your face. Youthful rejuvenation procedures leave your face feeling fresh and renewed.
Full body perfection
Dr. Ted Lain Dermatology is an all inclusive dermatology clinic which means we don’t just focus on your face. As everyone knows, skin care is full body care. We treat spider veins, provide fat loss results, laser hair removal and much, much more. Everyone can benefit from a skin care consultation to bring forth their best self. Call us today, we are happy to help you on the road to skin perfection.
No matter how long you’ve suffered from psoriasis, the key to clear, healthy skin is available to you at Dr. Ted Lain Dermatology. We offer excimer laser therapy, the industry’s latest and greatest treatment method for psoriasis. It offers all of the powerful results of light therapy with the convenience of oral medication or creams. With up to ten sessions, you will see a difference in your skin.
But what are you supposed to do between appointments with your Austin dermatologist? While you can’t sit through excimer laser therapy every day, you can certainly take your own steps toward healthier skin and fewer flare-ups. Combine these home-care tips with Dr. Lain’s professional treatment, and the discomfort and embarrassment of psoriasis will be a thing of the past.
What You Should Stop Doing
We don’t want to focus on the negatives, but there are a few important habits for you to kick (or not start at all) to give your body all the help it needs in correcting psoriasis.
- Smoking- Quitting will increase your health in every way; decreasing psoriatic outbreaks is just one of the hundreds of benefits from cutting this habit.
- Excessive Drinking- Many people enjoy the occasional drink, but heavy alcohol consumption ups your chances of a psoriasis flare. More than one or two drinks a day is too much.
- Consuming Processed Foods- While there’s no solid evidence (yet) to show the impact of diet on psoriasis, you can avoid ingredients that spur inflammation in general. In other words, stay away from highly processed foods.
What You Should Start Doing
It’s all good and fine to talk about what you shouldn’t do—but what if you don’t struggle with those habits in the first place? According to your Austin dermatologist, there are several things you can do to achieve optimal results against psoriasis.
- Moisturizing- Before you go to bed apply a thick moisturizing cream or petroleum jelly to the affected area then cover with a bandage. Just be careful in the summer months—sweat combined with thick creams can make your symptoms worse.
- Bathing Less Often- Now, we aren’t suggesting you let your personal hygiene go; but bathing strips your skin of its natural, necessary oils. Try to shower every other or every third day to give your skin a chance to renew itself.
- Taking Care Mentally- Physical disease weighs on your mind just as heavily as mental stress and discomfort weighs on your body. Do what makes you happy, relaxed, and confident—try yoga, meditation, breathing exercises, or any other mental health practice.
Unless you are also a world-famous pop singer with a thing for blue hair and cupcake bras, you probably don’t think of yourself as sharing many common experiences with Katy Perry, or any other celebrity for that matter. After all, they’re the people who have discovered the secret to looking perfect all the time, right? They wouldn’t understand the embarrassment and discomfort of breakouts and acnes scars.
That’s where you’re wrong.
Contrary to popular belief, celebrities are not welcomed into the spotlight with a basket full of magical products to guarantee eternally flawless skin. In fact, many stars struggle or used to struggle with acne as much as anyone else. Here are a few media darlings who know how you feel as you search for acne treatment in Austin:
- Katy Perry, whom we mentioned earlier, battled acne early in her career. She states in a Vogue interview, “My skin used to be a lot worse than it is. So we would do a lot of coverage cause I was insecure about my skin.”
- Adam Levine had serious trouble with acne as a teenager; he was also recently voted ‘Sexiest Man Alive’ in People Magazine. If that’s not a story that gives you hope for your own acne treatment in Austin, then we don’t know what is!
- Emma Stone admits in a Refinery 29 interview, “I’m actually pretty interested in skin care because I had bad hormonal acne when I was 17, and they put me on Accutane for it. After two months on the Accutane, I went off of it, and since then, my skin, my mouth, my lips, my eyes are all so dry. Then, I had stress acne when I was 20, when I did ‘Easy A’, which they kindly video-airbrushed out of the movie.”
- Keira Knightley said in a 2006 interview with Now Magazine that it takes about four hours of prep time to create her flawless on-screen complexion. She wishes her acne could be airbrushed away in her everyday life—don’t we all?
In the real world, where people live with real skin, almost everyone fights off acne to some degree. Not even fame can change that. But that shouldn’t be a discouraging thought. We don’t remember these performing artists because of their “terrible” skin—we remember their work, talent, and personalities.
The same goes for you. Don’t let breakouts hold you back. Instead, talk to your dermatologist in Austin to find your ideal acne treatment. We offer specialized cleansers, laser procedures, chemical peels, and more. With a solid skincare routine and the right attitude, you could enjoy a success story just like these famous faces.