As we age, there are a few telltale signs that identify this transformation such as graying hair, wrinkles, and one of the most frustrating and difficult to hide—sagging skin. Mid-face drooping is one specific place where youthful facial volume is lost. The disappearance of these advantageous fat cells creates an aged appearance and loss of cheek definition. That is where Dr. Ted Lain and the Voluma treatment come in!
What is Voluma?
Voluma is a soft-tissue filler that has recently gained FDA approval. This product has been available and all the rage in Europe since 2005 and has been used in 72 countries worldwide. Voluma is formulated with lidocaine to add comfort during treatment.
Notable Benefits of Voluma
· It provides an instant facelift by restoring hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance that aids in the skin’s hydration. As we age, we lose hyaluronic acid, which results in a loss of volume in the cheek area. This gives the appearance of a sunken, aged look.
· It’s nonsurgical. In the past, to achieve such results, surgery was required. The skin would be tightened and pulled surgically over cheekbones. However, it gave a tight, pinched look. Voluma simply adds the youthful buoyancy back into your face without a scalpel or traumatic and painful surgery.
· After injection, the results are immediate! It’s a definite satisfying experience to look in the mirror afterwards and see a younger person.
· The treatment is extremely effective and often only requires one treatment to achieve the desired results.
· Voluma’s effects are long lasting. Most people enjoy Voluma’s benefits for up to two years after treatment. That’s quite a valuable investment for your face!
Will it hurt?
Because Voluma is enhanced with lidocaine gel, after the initial tiny pinch, you will feel nothing as the gel numbs the nerves around the area. This creates a mostly painless experience with outcome that makes the initial small poke totally worth it.
Who is a candidate for Voluma?
Patients in their 30s, 40s, and 50s are perfect candidates for this treatment. Those in their 60s and older often have less plumping in their skin and require a little more Voluma to create the best outcome. Voluma is a fantastic alternative to surgery and reaches the desired effects with a visit to Dr. Ted Lain.
Don’t agonize in the mirror every day as your age is plainly written on your face. Instead, Voluma can erase the years and help you feel confident again, giving your age anonymity again.
Feel Confident with Dr. Lain’s Advanced Training
Dr. Ted Lain received advanced international training from the manufacturers of Voluma and Dr. Mauricio de Maio, a plastic surgeon from Brazil. He is the only dermatologist in Austin that has had this vital 10-hour training, making him the only dermatologist in the area with expert injecting training. Call Dr. Ted Lain to set up a consultation. Let’s discuss how Voluma can help you.