Your skin tells your life story. The wrinkles at the corners of your eyes show that you like to laugh and do it often. The slight furrows across your forehead were carved by worry and the hard times that you have gone through. That scar on your knee will forever remind you of falling on the playground as a child. Even your health and the nutrition in the food you eat is reflected in the radiance and glow of your skin. Every day the story of your life is written in your skin, on display for the entire world to see.
Do you like what your skin is saying about you?
The good news is that with today’s technological and medical advancements, there is much that can be done to improve the look and health of your skin. It is possible to change your story and make sure that the appearance you give is the one you want.
Did you know your skin is the largest organ in your body? It provides many important functions such as protection and detoxification. Your skin needs attention just like the rest of your body. You see your family physician, eye doctor, and dentist regularly, and you should also add a dermatologist to your health maintenance plan.
Why should you see a dermatologist?
• Annual skin check: Skin cancer is on the rise and is now the most common kind of cancer. Did you know that if found early enough, the majority of skin cancers are completely treatable? It is a good idea to have your skin checked at least annually, with more frequent checks if you note anything suspicious.
• Acne: You don’t have to suffer from acne. Your dermatologist has many different options to help treat and prevent acne, from facial cleansers and medications to lasers.
• Signs of aging: Dark spots and wrinkles can be reduced and sometimes even eliminated using various treatments.
• Skin blemishes: Spider veins, other unwanted veins, cherry angiomas, hemangiomas, telangiectasia, and port wine stains can be treated with laser therapy, restoring the natural color of the skin.
• Any other skin, hair, or nail problems: Things like eczema, psoriasis, and nail infections can be effectively treated by a dermatologist.
Your outside should reflect the beautiful person you are inside. There are many cosmetic procedures that can help beautify your skin, and your dermatologist is ready to help you with all of them. Would you like to get rid of some of those wrinkles? You’ve undoubtedly heard of Botox, which reduces the appearance of wrinkles. Fillers and laser procedures are another great option, and there are many different kinds to choose from. Do you have acne scars, an unfortunate reminder of the angst of teenagerhood? You are not alone. Isn’t it time to let them go? Laser procedures and fillers have been found very effective in treating these scars.
Why not rewrite your skin’s story? The team at Dr. Ted Lain Dermatology is ready to help you put your best face forward. Come in for a personalized consultation and let us show you what your skin can say about you.
You can have beautiful skin.